Wisdom teeth in its structure does not differ from other multi-rooted teeth of a person. Doctors call these teeth in an "s" or "third house". They are last in the dentition, with both sides on the upper and lower jaws.
The wisdom teeth are not quite wholesome teeth. Due to the fact that the process of eruption begins at the age of 18-25 years, they often do not have enough space, because by this age, the remaining teeth are already formed set of teeth. This is because in the process of evolution, due to the transition to a more soft foods, jaw size decreased by 10-12 mm, and the number of teeth remained the same. As a result, the wisdom teeth are often underdeveloped in size, with curved roots, they do not participate in the act of mastication, grow crooked and poorly available for processing and treatment.
In the US the wisdom tooth occurs immediately after the eruption, in Russia, as a rule, they should be removed according to the testimony. Indications for removal are:
• improper location of the wisdom teeth in the jaw (teeth included). Sometimes the wisdom tooth is growing across the vertical axis of the other teeth. However, he partially or completely abuts against the adjacent tooth, exerting pressure on it, which can lead to its destruction or development abnormalities;
• improper location of the tooth, leading to injury of the mucous membrane of the cheeks. While chewing on the mucous membrane of the cheeks appear ulcers, which for a long time does not heal;
• severe lack of space for the wisdom tooth, which leads to malocclusion and crowding of the teeth (usually the front). This is due to the fact that the eighth tooth back nearby, and he in turn moves to the center of the nearest sixth, and so on;
• cyst of the mandible. Because of the relatively slow growth of the wisdom tooth next to it in the gums can form a cyst. If it starts to increase, pain, and the cyst may accumulate fluid, which will eat away at the tooth. And when injected into her infection may develop flux (abscess) tooth;
• the defeat of caries. To the carious lesion results in inaccessibility of the tooth for daily hygiene and treatment, and also because of the prolonged eruption of the teeth appear with signs of decay;
• the inflammatory process in the branches of the trigeminal nerve. While there are strong pain spreading to the entire half of the head and accompanied by twitching of the facial muscles;
• partial eruption of a wisdom tooth, resulting in pericoronitis. Due to incomplete eruption of wisdom tooth above it formed a "hood" of the gums, which injured during chewing and inflammation when injected into the wound of bacteria, also underneath accumulate food particles, which create a favorable environment for growth of microorganisms.
The roots of the wisdom teeth are very deep in the gums and have the most unpredictable form, it creates certain difficulties when I remove it, even if there are no inflammatory processes. Before removing a wisdom tooth x-ray is necessary to clarify its apograph-anatomical features (direction of growth, the number of roots and other).
The removal of wisdom teeth is under local anesthesia (novocaine, ultracain and others). Incorrect location of the tooth is removed first, the mucous membrane and periosteum, then part of the bone above the tooth and then removed the tooth itself. In some very complex cases, the wisdom tooth is removed in parts. Prorezalsja teeth are removed in the usual way, using special tools to lift and pull the teeth from cavities. If the tooth is removed correctly in the hole (the place where the tooth should be formed blood clot, which prevents the penetration of infection.