Vascular disease of the lower limbs begin to show themselves after 40 years, and women are affected much more often than men. The initial stage of disease goes undetected because people ignore the obvious symptoms, stating their manifestation of fatigue, long walking and standing. But, because the disease at first stage it is easier to cure, and treatment is much cheaper.
Symptoms that should alert and to compel a person to get advice to begin with a therapist:
• swelling of the feet
• pulling sensation in the legs and a feeling of heaviness
• numbness of the lower extremities and night cramps
• the presence of vascular asterisks
• change the size and color of the veins and nodules
• redness and rashes on the skin
• pain in the area of seals and vein palpation.
If there is a vascular disease in the family, in previous generations, it is quite likely that they will manifest and subsequent generations. Because it is worth the annual consultation of the doctor - phlebologist.
Vascular diseases of the legs there are many, but the most common are the following:
1. Atherosclerosis is a disease of the arteries of a chronic nature, in which the walls of the arteries are deposited plaques "bad" cholesterol, which is due to incorrectly lipid metabolism. Over time, the layer of cholesteric layer closes the lumen of the vessels and circulation, which leads to coronary heart disease.
2. Endarteritis - imperceptibly slowly developing disease that causes narrowing of blood vessels in itself and, in the end, there is a complete blockage of the arteries, causing the cessation of blood circulation and, as a consequence, necrosis of the feet.
3. Varicose veins - loss of elasticity of the veins, stretching and Burenie. The illness occurs when the malfunction of the valves of the veins, causing blood flow in the veins in the opposite direction. In itself, the disease is not as dangerous as it was complicated by thrombophlebitis and venous insufficiency.
4. Obstruction of blood vessels is obtained on the background of thrombosis, embolism, and changing the thickness of the walls of arteries. The disease is characterized spasms of arteries and sharp pains in the limbs.
5. Blockage of subcutaneous veins or thrombosis usually always available when varicose veins. Symptoms of thrombosis is infiltration along the vein with a blood clot, pain in limbs, redness.
6. Deep vein thrombosis has characteristic symptoms: swelling of the legs, pain and fever of the damaged site, reducing the lumen of the artery due to the blood clots.
Each of these diseases can be treated in accordance with certain techniques, but some of the recommendations are common:
• physical exercise, which regulates the blood circulation in the legs;
• use soft gels, strengthening the walls of arteries and veins;
• the wearing of compression stockings and bandages
• drink herbal
• use vodka compresses as anti-inflammatory agents.
Medicine and physiotherapy appoints specialist.