Today we want to introduce you to the healing properties possessed by some trees and plants. Of course, all the gifts of nature to describe us is unlikely to succeed, because this is a huge amount of information, which invest in several volumes of the encyclopedia. However, to acquaint you with those gifts of nature that are available to you, we can do it.
Medicinal plants today, there are several hundred, and each of them may specifically affect the human body. Here are some of their actions, and in parentheses represent several species of plants of which make the drugs, infusions or decoctions:
• contain antibiotics (leaves, juice and kidney lime juice, garlic and onions, plantain leaves);
• effective in the treatment of alcohol dependence (creeping thyme, coltsfoot, centaury);
• quench the pain (lime color root and herb, celery, herb oregano, St. John's wort, lemon balm and peppermint, leaves and roots of parsley);
• stimulate appetite (cumin seeds, aloe juice, butter and fruit almond, dandelion root and chicory);
• disinfect (leaves of sorrel, radish root, garlic);
• are anthelmintic (Valerian root, wild strawberries, pumpkin seeds, drink honey in tea quality);
• sterilized (St. John's wort herb, crushed plantain leaves, honey);
• stop the bleeding (pine cones, leaves of a nettle, grass shepherd's purse, St. John's wort);
• put the vitamins in the body (oak bark, rhubarb leaves and birch, pine needles, onion, carrot root, black currant berries, mountain ash and wild rose);
• Kabat (carrot root, elder flowers black);
• regulate monthly (grass nettle, color tansy, parsley seeds, fresh aloe Vera juice, herb lemon balm);
• strengthen (bath with Melissa, the leaves of sorrel acid, resin, buds and needles of pine, grass, peppermint);
• keep youth (pollen of pine trees, blueberries).
In addition, some plants can cause diaphoretic, febrifuge, expectorant and choleretic activity, may regulate the liver and digestive tract, lower blood pressure, stop and cause vomiting, swelling, cramps and spasms.
General rules drying and collection
The collection of plants for medicinal purposes is recommended in clear and dry weather. Kidney gather the early spring when they swell up to their full blooming. Dry them, spread a thin layer without access to the sun, and after drying they need to go to the corn cut hands.
Flowers and grass are harvested when they bloom, the roots in the fall after fade above-ground parts of plants, and in the spring, when the leaves and stems of these plants or trees are just starting to grow. Seeds and fruits should be collected only after full ripening. Undoubtedly, in some cases, there are exceptions, as a result, if you are going to harvest any plant, directly in front of his collection is a must-read as much information as possible about it.
Read also: Herbal cold
Store the dried plants in a paper bag. Shelf life storage for most herbs is not more than one year, for seeds, fruits and roots for about two years. Make sure that the storage room was cool and dry.