Among the variety of pathological conditions of the female reproductive system, most often these diseases.
1. Vulva and vaginitis inflammatory diseases of the vulva and vagina. Often occur simultaneously.
The causes of these diseases are bacterial, viral, and fungal infections. Also have values traumatic factors and endocrine diseases (diabetes).
- redness, itching, pain;
- characteristic of the pathogen discharge from the vagina (thrush - cheesy, when herpes watery yellowish, in gonorrhea purulent, when trichomonads - frothy, yellow - green), with an unpleasant odor.
herpes is accompanied by the appearance of bubbles on the mucosa and subsequent formation of painful sores.
The treatment is administered after determining the cause of the disease. Includes hygienic procedures and specific purpose, depending on the pathogen.
2. Cervical erosion. Asymptomatic and detected during routine gynaecological examination.
Is a damaged area in a bright red. In normal squamous epithelium of the outer surface of the cervix, is replaced by a cylindrical epithelium.
Erosion needs to be treated. There is a great risk of malignant degeneration (cancer). Currently, there are not traumatic and painless methods of getting rid of this disease.
Causes are inflammation, hormonal disorders, mucosal injury during childbirth and abortion.
3. Endometriosis is a common disease of women of childbearing age. It is characterized by the growth of lesions of the endometrium (the inner layer of the uterus) outside the uterus. These foci remain receptors for sex hormones, and during monthly bleeding. In this regard, there are organs in which they reside (intestines, peritoneum, ovaries, etc.). The causes of the process are not installed.
- pelvic pain that occurs cyclically, in connection with the menstrual cycle;
- profuse or scanty menstruation;
- spotting in the middle of the cycle;
- pain during sexual intercourse;
- in the last stages of pain during urination and defecation.
Treatment is hormonal therapy and its inefficiency - surgery. Self-medication is extremely dangerous.
Read also: Cervical erosion - types and treatment
Requirement for regular gynecological examination is not accidental. Many women's diseases (fibroids, ovarian cysts, erosion and other) occur without symptoms. They are diagnosed at late stages, when to avoid surgery is not possible. This leads to infertility and other serious consequences.