In children diabetes in most cases will be discovered when the child is in very serious condition. Unfortunately, the disease at such a late stage is difficult to treat and can lead to severe complications.
How not to miss the early signs and symptoms of the disease?
Diabetes of the first type refers to a disease, susceptibility to which is inherited. Under the action of provoking internal and external factors predisposition can turn directly to the disease. The causes of diabetes are not identified so far, but it is generally accepted that the main point becomes transferred child infection or stress.
Parents should always consult an endocrinologist at the detection of the following early warning signs of diabetes:
1. Appetite changes: sudden appearance of cravings for sweet, often desire to eat, hunger, the child is difficult to withstand 3-4 hours between feedings, weakness and drowsiness after a meal.
2. The child loses weight despite good and even slightly increased appetite. You can certainly write off such changes that children grow quickly, but it is better to examine the baby and make sure that the body weight has changed under the action of natural needs, and not the active struggle of the child's body with the disease. Despite the fact that the blood contains an excess amount of glucose, the cells of the child's body are hungry, because diabetes pancreas almost synthesizes insulin is necessary for the absorption of glucose.
3. The child becomes lethargic, cranky, sleepy, tired quickly. In the absence of high temperature and other flu symptoms should alert.
4. Child thirsty. Sugar, like salt attracts fluid, because the kid asks often to drink. Because the kidneys no longer hold in the body is glucose, and it is excreted in the urine, a child has frequent urination.
5. Spot urine on objects in the toilet or on the diapers become sticky. Sugar after evaporation leaves a sticky spot, so it is important to be careful not to ignore this symptom.
There are later symptoms of diabetes: nausea, vomiting, dryness and itching of the skin, abdominal pain, atopic dermatitis, pyoderma, furunculosis, impaired vision. These signs indicate that the disease has gained momentum and stop its development will be difficult.
If you suspect diabetes, parents must immediately consult an endocrinologist. In the early stages, before breaking the pancreas and increase the level of sugar in the blood, the disease is treatable.
Even a small change in the child's behavior, his power, should alert parents. If the baby is sick with diabetes should be aware of all contact with them adults (teachers, neighbors): this will help in the event of a sharp deterioration of health to deliver the child at the endocrinology Department, which will help to provide the necessary assistance.