The likelihood of developing life-long breast cancer in women, according to statistics is 13%. This means that sooner or later one in eight women will get sick from this disease.
This disease is very insidious by the fact that in the early stages does not show itself. But the symptoms appear already during progression of the disease.
The cause of this disease is a genetic failure. Is the mutation of cells in the breast. In most cases, these mutations arise spontaneously and are not inherited from the parents.
Approximately 10 % of cases of breast cancer develops because of heredity gene mutations BRCA1 and BRCA2, which can be transmitted to offspring.
1. Heredity. Hereditary factors lead to the development of breast cancer in 10% of cases, due to the gene mutation BRCA1 and BRCA2.
2. The age of forty years. Women after forty years are recommended to undergo screening mammography.
3. Excess weight increases the risk of developing the disease after menopause.
4. Alcohol (with regular use).
5. Smoking slightly increases the likelihood of developing this disease.
6. Women with early menarche, late menopause and never parous women.
7. Hormone replacement therapy.
The above risk factors are divided into:
- controlled (for example, weight);
not controlled (for example, age).
Recommendations for reducing the risk of developing this disease:
1. Control your weight and avoid obesity.
2. Diet (more fruits and vegetables and less meat).
3. Daily exercise (at least 45 minutes).
4. Do not abuse alcohol.
5. Do not smoke.
When the cancer does not spread beyond the ducts or duct of the mammary gland it is called non-invasive.
Non-invasive breast cancer is divided into types:
- Lobular carcinoma in situ;
- Ductal carcinoma in situ.
This form of cancer has a relatively good prognosis. Treatment of breast cancer in Israel this form is limited to radiation therapy, and surgical intervention. When this form of cancer chemotherapy is not shown.
Invasive breast cancer.
Cancer that has spread beyond the ducts or duct of the breast, where it originated - called invasive (from lat. invasio grip) cancer.
This form of cancer is aggressive because of the ability to germinate in the nearby areas of the breast. Invasive cancer in the future affects the lymph nodes under the arms and develops metastases to other parts and organs of the body.
Invasive breast cancer is divided into types:
Treatment of breast cancer in Israel invasive form requires the use of all methods of treatment: radiation therapy, surgery, chemotherapy, hormonal and targeted therapy.
Treatment of breast cancer in Israel goes smoothly. Over the last twenty years in this country there is a regular increase in life expectancy and the decline in the mortality of patients with this disease.
1. The use of screening mammography, which diagnose the disease earlier.
2. The use of diagnostic tests.
Read also: Myths about breast cancer
3. Use the latest and most effective techniques in the treatment of this disease.