A microstroke is transient blood circulation in the brain. When this occurs ischemia in brain tissue. A minor heart attack symptoms is similar to regular stroke, but the main difference is that all symptoms disappear within 24 hours. And most often, the diagnosis is made after the disappearance of symptoms.
Signs and symptoms of microstroke:
musculoskeletal disorders of varying severity from paresis to paralysis;
speech disorders (among them dysartria, in which the speech is somewhat slurred and aphasia, when a sick person is completely unable to speak);
moments of loss of consciousness;
- the feeling of nausea;
- vomiting, often single;
- increased reaction to sounds and light;
- coordination disorders.
The length of the minor heart attack can last from several seconds to several minutes. Severity can also be different. Some patients feel only momentary dizziness or slight numbness that is attributed to fatigue or adverse weather conditions, and often not even go to the doctor.
Causes of transient ischemic attack (this is another name microstroke) are:
- diseases of the heart and blood vessels;
- hypertension, and especially hypertensive crises;
- atherosclerosis of cerebral vessels;
- disturbance of conduction and rhythm;
- predisposition to hereditary character.
Predisposing factors are:
- sedentary lifestyle;
- diabetes mellitus;
- excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages;
The treatment of this condition is mainly in the normalization of blood circulation in the area of insufficiency. For this purpose, in therapy uses drugs with anticoagulant and antiplatelet effects.
Prevention of this condition plays a very important role in this pathological process is much easier to prevent than to stop violations and deal with its consequences.
Prevention of microstroke:
1) diet with low cholesterol levels.
2) Control of blood pressure.
3) Daily walks in the fresh air.
4) Normalization of body weight.
5) Control of cholesterol and glucose in the serum.