Prosthetics is the only way to restore the dentition with the loss of one or more or even all of the teeth. The most popular removable prosthesis, some of whose representatives are nylon dentures - artificially manufactured teeth on the frame of the material in the form of color and texture as close as possible to the gums.
The advantages of nylon prosthesis
• excellent strength and flexibility of the material;
• resistance to environmental influences;
• does not lose color over the entire operating process;
• does not cause allergic reactions;
• high similarity with natural gum tissue;
• does not absorb odors;
• does not promote growth of microorganisms;
• does not accumulate sediments and can be cleaned easily.
Nylon dentures due to its plasticity and flexibility is well adapted to the peculiarities of the patient's mouth, allowing:
• there is a fast addictive person to the prosthesis;
• no need to pre-arrange crowns on the adjacent teeth, which facilitates and cheapens the whole process;
• fixation of prostheses reliable, without using special creams, gels, adhesives.
With careful handling nylon dentures can serve without loss of up to 7 years.
Disadvantages nylon dental prostheses
As each type of prosthesis, nylon have their drawbacks:
• for cleaning dentures need to use a toothbrush with soft bristles and a non-abrasive toothpaste, otherwise false teeth and gums easily acarpelous;
• excessive flexibility and elasticity of the prosthesis can cause injury to the gums, rubbing mucosa. Injuries can happen and capping - tooth fasteners, which leads to damage of the periodontium;
• no hard skeleton leads to uneven pressure on the prosthesis, which in the locations of the posterior teeth can cause atrophy of the bone tissue and as a consequence of the subsidence of the dental prosthesis;
• the high cost.
Read also: Clasp dentures
In General, there is a settling of the denture teeth in any case, regardless of the material, but for soft nylon prosthesis this is especially true and happens at about 1 mm per year, which requires periodic adjustment.