Restoration of teeth using implants that are successfully perform the function of lost teeth and when properly selected material and installation are long and are felt by the patient, like your own teeth.
The implant tooth is a construct that consists of intraosseous - screw implanted in the jaw and abutment - of supragingival part serving for attachment of a dental prosthesis. The materials of manufacture of the implant are different, their choice depends on the price of dental implants.
Types of materials:
• bioinert: zirconium, titanium, ceramics;
• bioactive: metal, covered tricalciumphosphate ceramics or hydroxyapatite;
• bio-inert: stainless steel or chromium alloy with cobalt.
The last of the materials for today do not apply prosthetics, as around them in the process of operation creates a fibrous capsule of great thickness, which leads to the fragility of use.
The most popular material - titanium and its alloys:
• niobium that makes the implant more durable and flexible, improves the structure of the design;
• molybdenum, zirconium, and tantalum - enhanced biocompatibility with bone tissue of the jaw.
The advantages of titanium implant:
• high strength and resistance to environmental effects;
• quick coating material oxide film, allowing the implant is not afraid of corrosion;
• biocompatibility with the human body, the absence of toxic effects on him;
• excellent thermal conductivity;
• lack of taste;
• is not part of vanadium;
• good bond with bone tissue: quickly and painlessly engrafting;
• sufficient thermal conductivity of the material and its light weight allows the patient to quickly get used to the artificial tooth and to accept him as their own;
• long life.
• large inertia to human tissues than titanium implants;
• 100% engraftment;
• high strength;
• corrosion resistance;
• biological stability;
• this material body does not produce antibodies for Allergy sufferers because it is the best option;
• resistance to mechanical damages and the environment;
• in the production process does not use metals and other substances dangerous to human health;
• does not cause inflammatory processes;
• not afraid of dental calculus.
Read also: Nylon dentures and their features
Corundum ceramics has all the excellent aforementioned properties, and differ in this property, osteotropic, i.e. full integration with the bone tissue of the person. Due to the structure of the material, blood vessels grow into its pores, and form a bone - ceramic compound high strength.