Urolithiasis - uroliths - is the formation of stones and their location in the urinary system and kidneys, as a newborn baby and an old man. The age of the patient can only determine the type of bladder stone.
Uroliths is manifested by the following symptoms:
• Dull and exhausting pain in the lower back on one side (or two sides) and increasing physical activity or changing body position.
• Dull pain in the lower abdomen, groin, genitals with irradiation up at stones in the ureter.
• The appearance of stones or blood in urine, frequent urination and cloudy urine.
• High blood pressure and body temperature. The possible accession of pyelonephritis.
When experiencing pain in the kidneys and other symptoms, you must perform abdominal ultrasound for diagnosis and to do more tests:
• Detected using the General analysis of urine, even minor in it, the blood, the presence of microbial infection with the nature of the salt impurities.
• From the General blood test can identify the presence of inflammation.
• Biochemical blood test to know its composition and cause inflammation.
• Abdominal ultrasound is the primary method by which identified the stones, assess the degree of anatomical changes that were caused by stones or their movement. When the stones in the ureter, to diagnose them using ultrasound is very difficult or simply impossible, because they can deeply hidden in the space of the abdominal cavity.
• For excretory urography perform the introduction of non-contrast agent to conduct a series of x-rays. Using survey snapshot determine the location of the stones, shapes and sizes. If there are stones x-ray negative, passing through x-rays, they cannot be seen on survey radiographs.
• Perform radioisotope neprezentare the introduction of non-special radiofarmapreparatov that the accumulation of excreted through the kidneys. When this kidney scan special devices. This informative study reveal impaired renal function.
After cupping renal colic carry out the following treatment: remove the stones, cure the disease and take measures to prevent repeat of stone formation. The treatment is performed with the help of conservative and surgical methods.
Conservative method includes compliance with drinking water treatment and diet, medication, dissolving the stones and antibiotic therapy.
Read also: Kidney stones: causes, symptoms, treatment
Instrumental or operative method includes an operation complications, which removes the stones of large size. Perform remote lithotripsy, in which the crushed stones by shock waves. Remotely-wave lithotripsy patients move easier, but not always by this method it is possible crushing of stones.