Heartburn in pregnant women is a frequent symptom caused by natural changes in the body of a pregnant. Heartburn can occur in different periods of pregnancy, and it is associated with increased levels of hormones that slow down peristalsis, increased pressure in the abdominal cavity due to the increasing size of the uterus. All these factors provoke the ingress of gastric juice into the esophagus, causing burning sensation in the esophagus - heartburn.
Treatment of heartburn in pregnant women requires special approaches and is aimed at lifestyle changes and the use of safe drugs.
Thus, specific recommendations for the prevention and treatment of heartburn in pregnant women:
1) eating fractional split into 4-5 a day, the portions should be small;
2) After a meal, wait 2 hours before you go;
3) do Not eat late at night;
4) Chocolate and Mato exacerbate acid reflux, as it relaxes the esophageal sphincter;
5) Spicy foods, acidic foods (tomatoes, lemon), coffee raise acidity and increase the symptoms of heartburn;
6) do Not smoke or chew gum;
7) If heartburn occurs at night - lift the head of the bed;
8) is Safe to use antacids (Maalox) for relief of heartburn in pregnant women. Antacids with sodium bicarbonate is not used, as it can hold liquid in the body and provoke swelling;
9) do Not use without consulting with your doctor the preparations reducing acidity (ranitidine, omeprazole, and others)
Read also: Pregnancy by trimester, especially
Proper diet and activity will help to avoid the development of heartburn in pregnant women.