As an aid in the treatment of varicose veins often use massage. This simple and efficient procedure helps fight varicose veins.
Foot massage helps to improve circulation and relieve leg fatigue. The main thing is that massage movements did not cause pain.
Consider a self-massage techniques that you can apply at home:
• If your legs are tired, you need to lie down for 5-10 minutes and lift your feet on higher ground your regular pillow. Thanks to this technique can significantly accelerate venous return and improve the end result. After 10 minutes you can begin to massage.
• Ankle should loose clasp hands and implement a stroking motion in the direction of your kneecap.
• Next tibia should upwards to RUB in a circular motion, which must first be light, then with a little pressure on the veins.
• Then you need to re-cover the lower leg and stretch the muscles gradually rising to the knee.
• For a complete massage this area should be implemented stroking movements similar to those which were in the beginning session of self-massage.
• Exercises in the same order to perform thighs. Hands should move towards the groin area.
To enhance the effect of the procedure it is desirable to use while it is holding a special protivovarikoznyy ointment.
The duration of the session of self-massage should not exceed 5-7 minutes. Once again, take a horizontal position and slightly lift your legs up. Not getting out of bed, if necessary, you should wrap the legs or wear compression stockings. It is advisable to do the massage after the morning practice physical therapy.
Read also: Toning massage
Massage varicose veins has a number of contraindications and limitations. Among them: the decompensated phase of the process, superficial thrombophlebitis, venous disorders, deep vein thrombosis. Varicose veins is strictly prohibited vacuum massage. Caution should also be applied to the sessions honey massage. Before you begin self-massage varicose veins, you should discuss this with your doctor.