False croup is a syndrome that develops in a variety of lesions of the larynx. True false croup occurs when the development of catarrhal inflammation, as well as the appearance of swelling in the mucous membrane of the larynx in complex with lesions of the vocal cords.
Often, false croup in children develops from such diseases infectious nature as influenza, measles, and paragrapha infection.
The main symptoms of which are included in the concept of syndrome of false croup, are:
- Striderite breath or as it is called stridor.
This type of breathing can be described as very difficult, roaring or whistling. The force and volume of noises when breathing depends on the degree of swelling of the inner lining of the larynx.
- Cough, with dry and barking character (usually occurs before the advent stragorodskogo breathing).
- Change the vote.
Usually voice change when false croup become his hoarseness or hoarseness. This process is explained by the fact that one hundred and inflammation, and swelling, affect not only the mucous membrane of the larynx, and vocal cords. Hoarseness and hoarseness can be considered signs of false croup, only if they are parallel with the development of stragorodskogo breathing.
- Symptoms of the infectious disease.
As false croup most often occurs on the background of any infectious disease, it is almost always accompanied by symptoms such as fever and General weakness, lethargy, decreased appetite, sometimes can join rhinitis or pharyngitis.
The great danger of croup in children due to the fact that they, especially at an early age there are all preconditions for the development of this process, such as, friable mucosa of the larynx and delicate vocal cords and narrow the lumen of the larynx. Therefore, in children, false croup can occur very quickly or wear recurrent in nature.
Treatment of false croup is:
therapy the main infectious diseases;
- conducting inhalation with saline for dilution and facilitate the removal of mucus;
- ingestion of warm alkaline solutions (drinking is carried out with a spoon to enhance the impact of the liquid on the mucous membrane);
Read also: Laryngitis in children: symptoms, treatment
- taking antihistamine medication in accordance with the age of the child.