Iodine is one of the most important trace elements, contributing to the normal functioning of the human body. With its deficit problems in the thyroid gland, impaired hormonal balance, reduced immunity and deteriorating brain activity. Scientists were able to prove that the intake of sufficient amounts of iodine depends on the level of intelligence.
It is known that iodine deficiency can cause the development of various diseases of the heart and blood vessels, the appearance of unexplained muscle pain. If a person loses this important trace element, it can disrupt emotional stability, can worsen the skin condition.
More than half of total iodine, which is in the body, concentrated in the thyroid gland that synthesizes various hormones necessary to maintain physical and mental health.
Iodine deficiency leads to:
• deteriorating emotional state;
• sleepiness, fatigue, irritability, depression, forgetfulness, constant bad mood;
• deterioration of memory and attention;
• decreased libido;
• an increase in intracranial pressure and headaches;
• increased sensitivity to stress and changing weather conditions;
• reduced hemoglobin;
• the emergence of cardiac problems (arrhythmia, increase lower pressure, atherosclerosis);
• slow mental and physical development;
• adverse effects during pregnancy.
About the lack of iodine person can signal the following symptoms:
• poor appetite;
• bad mood, weakness, fatigue;
• frequent headaches;
• hearing loss;
• memory impairment;
• dry skin;
• hair loss;
• destruction of teeth;
• frequent infectious and respiratory diseases;
• intolerance to heat;
• heart pains;
• shortness of breath;
• the menstrual cycle;
• inexplicable sadness, insomnia;
• tremor of the extremities, muscle pain, involuntary movements;
• excessive sweating, swelling on the face and legs;
• diarrhea, vomiting, nausea;
• incomplete closure of the eyelids, eye pain, increased intraocular pressure.
To avoid iodine deficiency should be included in your diet: fish, seafood, dairy products, iodized salt, black mountain ash, cereals (millet, buckwheat), lemons, walnuts, honey. If you suspect that iodine deficiency should be referred to an endocrinologist.