Many people mistakenly believe that depression is a disease exclusively of the female part of humanity. However, this is a very big misconception. It is proven that every year about 6 million men suffer from this disease. The thing is that men prefer to hide the presence of depressive conditions, and sometimes even yourself will not be recognised. That's why surrounding and close friends until the last moment do not know that their loved one has a mental discomfort.
However, to distinguish male depression is still possible if you know all the signs and symptoms of this ailment. This will help you to understand how to deal with depression.
1) fatigue - men who are depressed constantly feel tired. They diagnosed slow thought processes and movements.
2) Also indicate the presence of depression is possible if a person is persistent insomnia or, on the contrary, very sleepy. A man can sleep more than 12 hours but still Wake up completely overwhelmed and not rested.
3) Irritability is another symptom of depression. Depressed men are drastically reducing communication with family and friends.
4) Depressed men often feel a sense of anger and frustration.
5) Changes in weight are also very common during the depression. So a man can gain or lose weight several pounds.
6) In this condition men are difficult to focus. The thing is that during the depression almost all the thoughts of men are concentrated only on some bad things, so focus on something else does not work.
7) Depression is closely linked with anxiety, so there is nothing surprising in the fact that men suffering from this disease, there is increased anxiety.
Male depression in any case can not be ignored. Often this disease leads to very serious consequences to suicide. Therefore, it is very important that caregivers who recognized his close men serious condition, knew how to deal with depression.
Read also: How to deal with depression
More than 80% of people suffering from depression, cured from this illness with the help of antidepressants. However, this disease can be controlled independently. For example, patients with depression are recommended to sleep. Because, as you know, the best rest for the body is sleep. Cope with depression using sports and daily charging. And, of course, it is necessary to seek help from a specialist who will be able to get to the real reasons for this state and will help to deal with it.